Monday, June 15, 2015

The Baby Diptych

This is the third time I've done the baby diptych and I really enjoy them. It tells a story of sorts: here's a family that's grown by one. The family in this case is Matt and Eden Jacobson along with their four sons. I shot them in two places at a park in La Canada-Flintridge, a small town near Pasadena in Southern California. My first idea was to put them on a bus stop bench as if they're waiting for the bus and along comes the baby. They all wore the same clothes for each photoshoot which were separated by about six months. The second possibly worked out better because the baby in question, Sebastian, is more obvious. Shot that at a gazebo just behind them. I also lucked out because the day of the first photoshoot was rainy and overcast. And the morning we took the second half of the diptych was overcast with June gloom. Worked out perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment